Friday, November 12, 2010

Back by popular demand!



I have been contemplating blogging for a while. I felt my occasional facebook update was sufficient but my fan base kept begging me to come back to the blogging world. You can all thank Cheryl.
I think this last year has put me in a tail spin, and if I was blogging you would know what I am talking about. Let's just say this without boring you with the nitty gritty details...... I was poked with a lot of needles, injected with a pyscho-bitch (my husbands words not mine) formula, displayed Miss Virginia to all of the medical field that has anything to do with fertility and came out with a different perspective. I also spent a lot of my life offline and with my daughter. I wanted to focus a lot of my energy on her and on my sewing skillz.
About my sewing skillz. I haven't got to the point of my sewing where I can say I have wicked, mad skills but I do have fun and it is a great creative outlet. I want to talk a little more about my inspiration for my projects, what I did and maybe I will inject a tutorial here and there. Or I will post the link of where I stole the idea. This summer I spent it slaving over Hilma Wilma making two wave quilts. If I were to blog at that time the swearing police would have kicked me in the balls for all of the multitude of sailor language I used during that process. For this post, I will share my latest project: Halloween.
I made Isabella's costume and mine. I also made my nieces costume but you can check that out on Mushbelly's blog.
Blogging to me is funny and being a little transparent is weird. If I had all my friends and family living in the same state or city than I wouldn't see a need. I don't want the world to know what I had for lunch, or other mundane aspects of life. I want to share just a small part of my world to my friends. And if you are not my friend but a nosey person, I just don't know why you would want to know anything about my life anyway. I will share my latest projects, whatever my whimsical nature wants to do and my latest and greatest finds. I will be hunting the thrift stores and showing off my treasure hunting finds. I promise to make you jealous if you don't have a Trader Joes close by. Every week I buy something new there and most of the time it's a hit! And last but not least I will share motherhood with you. There will be lots of showing off and I need a whole blog post to discuss her obsession with watching birth videos. I am officially raising a freak. Stay tuned.....

5 comments:

  1. I'm the first official follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, your blog has been up for 3 days and already you've disappointed me. You said you were going to blog yesterday! I have high expectations! Don't let me down!

    ReplyDelete