Wednesday, November 17, 2010

When I go "surfing"


If you live by me and express an interest to sew or quilt, you are my prisoner. My friend SB is finding out the hard way. We keep each other up till my husband is ready to call the police. He can't imagine that we are really sewing until 4 a.m.
SB came over last night to shop for some fabric for a quilt we wanted to do for her adorable daughter CB. CB is one of the most wonderful, sweetest person you could ever find in Orange County. The fact that she is smart, sweet, real and grounded all while growing up in Orange County says a lot about her. If I could wish my daughter could be like someone it would be like her. Isabella ADORES CB, in fact, over the summer she kept asking Phil and I to go out on dates so she could babysitt. She was very sad when CB went away to college. Anyway, Susan suggested I come home with her and after being cooped up in the house with Miss Influenza I ran out the door yelling " Bye Phil!!! I'm going surfing!"


SB and I wanted to do something for CB just to let her know that she is loved and missed. SB was held hostage last night cranking out a quilt top. We couldn't decide what to fabric to use so we used it all. From the picture above you can see how much fun we had.


At first we decided to piece together some of the 18" squares vertical, horizontal and diagonal.
But as we put it together we decided against it. Looks like I will be making another quilt with twelve 18" pieced squares.

This quilt requires 12 fat quarters. The more random the better. Cut the fats in 18" squares. Once you do that, cut the sashing. You need about 2 yards. The sashing is 3.5".

I love making quilts for gifts and for something cute to snuggle up in. For the last 5 years I have been giving a quilt to someone for a Christmas present. So if you get a quilt from me, that just means,
I LUB YOU!

2 comments:

  1. so basically you copied my idea. Because the quilt I am making Violet is 18" squares with white sashing. And I am sure that I and the first and only other person to ever do that, so I consider this quilt plagerism and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are forgetting that I made this quilt a year ago and I told you to make this for a quick quilt. But if you want me to I will change the title to, I TOTALLY COPIED MY SISTER"

    ReplyDelete