Monday, November 22, 2010

Sad attempt at a tutorial pt. 1

This pic should say: Hey! Check out my pink puffs!
I wanted to post a tutorial on binding today since I have taught binding 5,963 times. Actually I lie, it was 5,962.
So I am going to attempt to do it but in case I don't get to it tonight I will show you what I did today. I finished the tag team quilting today for CB. SB did one part last night and I finished it this afternoon. CB is flying in as I type so we did not have time to hand bind.

I cut 3" strips for my binding. I don't do it on the bias. I know I should and I'm not a true quilter because of it but I really hate wasting fabric so shoot me. Instead of doing a 1/4" seam allowance I did 1/2'. I leave a couple of inches open and begin sewing the binding on. The corners are tricky, hence the desire to post a tutorial. But until I figure it out I will show you the finished project. SB bought a delicious lime green minky for the backing. We stretched and pulled it but we still had to add more to the back to it has a fun strip of colorful striped flannel running down the middle.
It's not the most technical quilt but it's a fun one to whip up and it will be great for CB to cuddle up in on a cold night. As for our fabric choices, we just picked out happy, colorful and bright fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment