Saturday, November 27, 2010

Gobble Gobble

This is me rocking the pasta necklace my gorgeous daughter made me for Thanksgiving. We are enjoying our Thanksgiving picnic at San Onofre. Thanksgiving is our throw away holiday. We don't do typical and Phil and I can be somewhat unconventional. He did threaten me earlier this week that he wanted a roasted turkey dinner but knowing that I would be cooking all day for a family that doesn't like food, I talked him out of that absurd idea. I knew I would be the only person eating any of the side dishes and leftovers.

So instead of spending a load at the grocery store I spent my time with my husband and daughter. Don't you love Phil's camera work?
I was surprised to see a lot of people had the same idea. And why not? The sun was shining and the air was cool and fresh.
This was an Thanksgiving as we got at Casa Beauchesne. I like Isabella's version of Oreo turkeys. She gave the babies names and refused to let anyone eat any. This is them, following mama turkey. As parents we worry about establishing traditions, but Isabella loved having the attention of both parents and I loved not being a slave for a week for one meal that no one would eat. If you ever want to forgo troughing it next year, meet us at the beach. Don't forget the sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment